WHY hire HAMP’s CHAMPs College Consulting LLC?
GOAL: Provide students the guidance, structure and awareness of opportunities that foster a commitment to excellence, leadership and passion throughout the high school experience to achieve admission to the ‘best fit’ college/career of choice (and earn a scholarship).
Why Dr. Hampton?
1. Tradition of Success: Making Students a Champion for Colleges
- Many grads in Honors, Fellows, or Scholars Programs in college
- Since 2011, over 800 seniors accepted to 341 different colleges in 48 states, DC & 4 countries (Italy, Canada, S. Korea, England; 2 states with no apps: Idaho & Delaware), including Stanford, Harvard, Yale and Service Academies.
- My students have been offered over 70 Million$ in scholarships.
- Assisted over 80 students (avg 12-15%/ class), including 2 daughters & myself to compete in college athletics (over 6X national avg).
2. Experience, Expertise, Focus, Commitment
- Former Director of College Counseling at Maclay School (premier college prep school in Tallahassee, FL)
- Educational background for counseling, advising, leadership, management, consulting roles
- Member of Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) & Southern Association for Admission Counseling (SACAC).
- Visited 190+ colleges (37 in FL) in 29 states, Washington DC, Canada (B.C.) & Ireland
- Primarily college/career focus vs. many other ‘duties’ of school counselors
22%/78% Public School vs. 55/45 Private vs. 100% for Dr. Hampton
- Teaching/Counseling/Advising/Leadership Excellence:
- 22 years teaching, advising, counseling, mentoring HS & college students
- Taught/supervised undergraduate & graduate students in counseling courses
- Highest award for teaching excellence at West Point
- Mentor for West Point’s inaugural ‘Master Teacher’ program
- Teaching Assistant award at Florida State
- Army Airborne Ranger Infantry Officer promoted ahead of peers for outstanding leadership/performance: final rank of Colonel
3. One-on-One Guidance to supplement school guidance counselor ratios and demands:
- National avg is 482:1 California is 1016:1)
- 452:1 for Local Public Schools
- 35:1 with Dr. Hampton
- Also provide interview prep/practice, which has helped students earn college admission and prestigious scholarships (e.g. UVA Jefferson, ROTC, West Point)
4. Proactive Engagement
- Deadlines-contacting parents & reminding students of opportunities/scholarships
- Avg. Public HS Student receives 38 minutes of formal college counseling over 4 yrs.
- Phone call/text/email/ZOOM any day or time (before 10pm)
- Attends local college admission events
6. Knowledge/Awareness for student
- Latest info/insights via professional association listserv from peers across USA
- Scholarship list (400+ from over 180 colleges)
- YouScience Survey & ‘fishing’ exercises for college and career exploration
7. Extremely positive feedback from alumni and parents (see testimonial link)
8. Class of 2020 Highlights for 20 Seniors (10 with Senior Success Plan)
- Offered over 4.4 million dollars (AVG=$220,000 per student) in scholarships
- Accepted to 62 colleges in 24 states
9. Class of 2017 Highlights (last class as Director of College Counseling at Maclay School)
- 83 Graduates attending 45 different colleges in 17 states & Washington DC (accepted to 124 colleges). 76% attending their TOP Choice College; 98% attending 1st or 2nd choice
- RECORD Scholarship offers= over $10.8 Million= $130,000+/student AVG=Highest EVER
- Over 77% of the class received a scholarship offer
- HONORS/Scholars Programs: 11
- Full-ride and/or near Full Tuition Scholarships-10
- Community Service: AVG approximately 209 Service hours/student
- SIX EAGLE & FOUR GOLD Scouts
- 11 Athletes competing in college (13% of Class=nearly 7X National Avg=2%)